Monday, October 20, 2008

Another 1/2 Marathon down in the books.

Well, I don't have any pictures yet, but I know there are some out there. Wendy and I ran our Marathon Relay yesterday. We weren't sure how it was going to go, but trusted that God would get us through. On Tue of last week her ankles and knees were swelling from her lupus, and on Thur when I went out to run I began having pain in my left knee. I thought maybe it was just getting up at 5 am and it only being 38 degrees outside, but the pain would flair up during the day, and the next morning when I ran it was still there. I had a good first 10 miles, but the last 3 my knee really began to bother me. I did it though I finished in 2:20 my goal for last month. I dropped 4 minutes off of my time, and only ended up with a couple of small blisters. I had happy tears!! It was great to have so much family there at the end. I am so glad that Robert was able to be there to see it too! It was a great expierence, but I couldn't have done it without my best friend Wendy (God too of course)! She is so great and such an inspiration for me. I was looking at the results and for our division we got 5th place out of 10! Well, I hope to get some pics soon so I can get them on here. I look forward to seeing my aunts at the end of the week, so do a couple of little ones! :)

4 comments:

gmadxe said...

VERY good, Amy!!! We're soooo proud of you! And we are looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend. (hope the weather will be nice...not supposed to be so good here)

Doodles said...

I'm counting down the days.....hope them little ones are too, and the big ones too.
Great job Amy on your accomplishments....you are my hero!!

Robert Eckdahl said...

It is very inspiring to watch you run so hard (for so long)! A couple of those times, I felt an impulse to run with you, but I'd probably only have made it a few blocks before needing massive amounts of oxygen. Keep up the hard work!

Doodles said...

ok Amy where are the Halloween pictures....Don't tell me your little ones didn't go trick or treating.... we need pictures.
Bet Lillie went in her princess outfit that was in Grandmas car.(teehee)