Friday, May 16, 2008

Running, Running, and still Running

Well, I had a good run, so now I want to add some pics. This first one is actually from the Derby High 5 which was the cold one, that was windy and cold!


Here is a pic of my friend Wendy and I before the race.
Here is a pic in action from the 10K, I am in the black top and black shorts in the middle of the group.

I finished my 10K in 1hour 3min. I was really hoping to be a bit faster, but I had a side ach the last mile. I think it was because I had taken a drink of water about half way through, and maybe swallowed air. It was still my best time. After finishing my 10K I thought I would do the 2mile. I am not sure why I was so crazy, but I was. As soon as I started it my legs felt like they were going to come out from beneath me. I think my body was like what are you doing to me. I finished both though and then went on to run with Lillie and her tot trot.


Here is mommy and Lillie and our medals for finishing our races!! YEAH! Go mommy, Go Lillie!

Well, I have a bunch more pictures I want to put on here, but it took a while to get the last one to finally load so I better end this post now. Hopefully I can get a chance tomorrow to add another one, there are some great pics to come! So check back!

9 comments:

gmadxe said...

Well, CONGRATS to Amy for ALL the running....and also to Lillie. She looks like she's having fun - and am sure she's very proud of her medal. Good update.

Patti said...

Cool pictures. If (and that's a big if) I move to Wichita how am I suppose to keep up with Lillie? She will be able to out run Grandma? I guess I will just have to hang out with Ethan. (I guess until he starts running) Good job on the running. I hope you can run for me.

Doodles said...

Oh my oh my that Lillie is a cutie.
I can't wait to get my hands on her a week from Monday.
Good job to you both for your runs.

Sindee said...

Way to go Amy! I think it's great that you are running and that you are doing so well. I know it must be alot of hard work.

Hey, I could use a trainer to help me get in better shape, I don't think I'll be running any k's though, think you could teach this old dog how to get in shape????

Amy said...

I can give you some tips Sindee, at least that old dog is willing to learn new tricks I know one that is refusing to learn new tricks. (HINT, HINT MOM!)

Patti said...

That other old dog is younger than I am. That's why it can still learn new tricks.

Patti said...

Since she is 6 years younger than me in dog years that would be 42 years younger.

Amy said...

WOW that is old, because that makes you 126 yrs older than me!!! LOL!! Guess dad WAS always right you are an "old lady"

Patti said...

So that means you would be 168 years older than Lillie. Someday I will have to tell her that.