Saturday, February 09, 2008

BBBRRRR it is COLD!!!

Well, it is Sat. night and cold! Oh wait it has been cold since I got here. I left Kansas at 50 degrees to come to 17. What was I thinking??? Oh great just found out with the wind chill tomorrow it is supposed to be between 20 and 30 BELOW! Yes you read that right negative. YIKES! Glad I will be going back to 36, with getting back up to 50 by Wed. Amazing what 350 miles can make in a weather difference.

It has been a fast weekend, as with all weekends when I travel to Nebraska. When I got into town yesterday I went to Dixie's house and mom came a while later and I ran to the Y to go workout. While mom and Dixie had their hands full with Lillie and Ethan, but mainly Lillie. In the short time I was gone she messed up the tv with the remote, they said she didn't have it but a minute, and spilled mom's tea. You have to be careful with her she's quick!! We went and had dinner at El Bees in rememberence of dad. It had been a while since I had been there. Then mom and I went to Fremont to Wal-Mart, Pennys and the kids made us go to Village Inn. They needed their pants changed so we had to buy something so we got a pie. Not just a piece the whole thing. We ended up going to bed after midnight. Short night.

Then we got up this morning and went back to Fremont. We ended up finding the perfect headstone for mom and dads grave. I think it will be a perfect fit, and it is to be at dad's grave by Memorial day which is what we were wanting. We then went and did a bit more shopping till we went home and cleaned. It is now 9pm and we are ready to crash. So goodnight, and stay warm.

2 comments:

Doodles said...

You got that right it is bloody cold and I can't wait for summer to get here.
I am so sorry I didn't get to see you and the kids while you were in Nebraska. Maybe next time you are here it will work out.
Give them hugs from Aunt Dude.

gmadxe said...

WOW!!! Dude got a response in quick.
I knew you guys would be "on the go" the whole SHORT time you were here.
I am glad you came here...and Lillie wasn't THAT bad. You just can't get angry with her...when she looks at you with her cute little smile and bats her eyes. Loved the way she was "flirting" with that guy at ElBees.
Take care and hope to see you again soon. Love, aunt dixie