Saturday, February 16, 2008

WHEW! What a night! Who said boys are never like girls?

A learning experience if I might say. I am glad I do not have triplets or quadruplets. Wednesday was Levi's birthday, so I let him pick 3 friends to stay the night. They arrived last night between 5-6pm. We ate taco salad for dinner and then I went and bought an ice cream cake. Britta had picked up some snacks for them while they watched movies and played games. I told them that they would be lying down at 11pm but they could go to sleep with a movie on. So at 11 I had them already the only problem I was having issues with the tv. I got it figured out and had them all laying down. I went to go sew (in the next room) until they were asleep. After I finished what I was doing I came out and they were all sitting up watching the movie. I was in shock, I thought they would have all passed out. So I had to make them all lay down and had to sit there until they were asleep. Much to my surprise when I came downstairs this morning just before 8 all but 1 was awake. He woke up shortly after I got down here. Then trying to round them all up to go to Krispy Kreme. That was like trying to heard cattle without a horse. We got home shortly after 11:30, and the last boy was just picked up. So needless to say we are all going to take a nap. Levi has a basketball game at 5, and I don't think he will be useful being sleepy. All in all they were great boys, they had a great time, but man they can talk just as much as girls do. They just do it 10 notches higher so they can overtalk each other.

4 comments:

Doodles said...

Wow does that ever bring back memories. Glad Levi had a good time. Happy Birthday to him.
Can't wait till I can see him and your other two darlings in a couple weeks.
Love,
Aunt Dude

gmadxe said...

Sounds like a GREAT party. I'm sure Levi will remember it for a long time. Was the movie a John Wayne, one????
Hope he got his card from me.
aunt dixie

Patti said...

Now you know why there were no overnight stays when you kids were growing up.

Amy said...

That is just an excuse. They had fun and I would do it again.