Saturday, February 02, 2008

Run for cover a storm of great severity will be coming in!

Yes, that is right after this gets posted everyone will end up with a foot of snow. Well, considering it has only been 8months since my last post!!! Whew how time flys! I thought it was only supposed to do that when you are having fun. Well some times have been better than others.

Back in Oct. Ethan Scott was born. He was 7lbs .5oz, and 20". He was a wonderful new addition to our family.

I was really hoping that my parents would have been able to come down, but my dad had been really sick from the cancer. Things had taken a turn for him in July, and they continued to go down from there. I decided that things did not seem like they were going well for dad and we headed back to Nebraska right before Ethan was 2 weeks old. I am so glad we did. We got to Nebraska and dad got to hang out with his little (new) budy (he had lots of little buddies & 1 buddet).
After we got up there we found out dad had a blockage and if it wasn't removed they told us he had 2 weeks to a couple of months and even with the cancer being so bad, he had less than a year. That was Oct. 19. That was the first time we had been given any update as to what his future held. We ended up taking him to Omaha to Emmanuel where he had an illiostomy done. He seemed fine, when I left the 24th to come back to KS. I really didn't want to leave and had a hard time leaving, but was planning to be back in a couple of weeks for a benefit that was going to be held for him. I got a call the next morning from my brother Michael that dad was going into surgery his kidneys were failing. This just happend to be my 30th birthday as well. I freaked out to say the least and was upset that I couldn't be up there. The dr. didn't even think dad would make it through surgery. The fighter that he is though he did. We got back up there at 11:30 that night. On Friday his conditions weren't changing and we had decided we would make a call as to what to do on Sat. We waited from about 6am till 7pm before we got to talk to the dr. Dad was not doing any better as for recovering. We decided that dad would not want to live the way he was any longer and took him off care. That was done at 9:30. Robert and I continued to stay with dad as they took him off the respirator. As soon as the pulled it out. I kissed his forehead and said I love you dad, and he said I LOVE YOU, and those were his last words. I am sorry to those who are reading this and crying, just so you know you aren't alone I am too. Robert and I continued to stay by his side with mom and Micheal coming in and out. I had to run to the restroom and stopped by mom for a sec when Robert came out and I went back into his room it wasn't long after that he passed. 11:20pm Oct. 27 he went home to Jesus. Dad had received his salvation on Oct.21 and he was baptized while in the hospital the morning of the 27th. Praise God we will see him again!!

As far as the remainder of the year goes, well, I don't remember much of it. So now we are already into Feb. Levi will be 8 this month, and Lillie will be 2 next month. We got some snow Thur. and there was no school. So Levi took Lillie out in the sled.



I am sure you are all wondering what Ethan looks like now too. He is growing, and getting so big! When I took him in for his 2mo he was 11 lbs 11oz. and 23" (69% for his age). We will find out how big he is next week when he has his 4mo, but I bet he is at least 15lbs. I took these pics this morning and the outfit he has on is 6mo.



Well, I should probably let you all go now since you now have probably a foot of snow outside you have to go scoop. I do hope to keep up a little better this year. Maybe things will slow down. Yeah right.

4 comments:

gmadxe said...

Well, I did have to cry again, reading about your Dad. We can all be thankful that he is no longer suffering. He put up a good fight.
The kids are getting so big and I can hardly wait to see them next weekend.
I could hardly believe that you FINALLY updated your blog. I really enjoy reading them - so hope you can do it more often.
Love,
aunt dixie

Patti said...

Oh man the tears flowed again. I thought you said snow not a rain storm. I can't believe how much Ethan seems to have changed. He looks so old. He can't be that old yet! He needs to stay Grandma's little buddie. I can't wait to see you guys next weekend. Well I guess I better get my stuff loaded in the car so that I am ready to get out of here.

Doodles said...

Oh Wow, I cried like a baby but what a wonderful tribute to your
dear dad!! I know he knows how much we all miss him even if we didn't tell him while he was here he sure knows it now.
AND tell them darlings of yours to slow down they are growing up way too fast. (darn it) they have a way of doing that to us old folks.
I know you are very busy with your family Amy but try to keep up better ok???? We miss seeing them kids you know you are so farrrrrr away.
Love,
Aunt Dude

Rox said...

Well...now I know why I woke up to a couple of inches of snow this morning. Blogs are a great way to reach out and touch each other when we cannot be together. Yes, I have a tear stained face too. I'm so glad your dad was able to meet Ethan.